Have you ever woken up after a night of partying and thought, never again! I’m quitting alcohol!
Then next week you do it all over again, 4-5 vodkas or beers later, and the next morning you say, I’m not drinking ever again! Why didn’t I learn from the last time?!
Do you wonder why your moods swing, and it’s like you can’t quite totally kick it for good?
For those of you that want the beauty, health and mental clarity benefits, not to mention the financial savings of quitting, keep reading.
*Alcohol is a Central Nervous System depressent and very addictive drug. It is also easily accessible (more available than toilet paper during covid!), and socially accepted.
These videos summarize why only 5 days of sobreity may not be enough to kick the habit, what happens to your body, and the benefits of quitting.
If you’re not ready to quit, keep scrolling, this isn’t for you.
But for those of you that want the beauty, health and mental clarity benefits, not to mention the financial savings of quitting, here are the summarized supplements from the videos that may help you get through the symptoms, which may last for 2-3 months (if you watched the videos now you know why it takes so long).
- GABA – to help calm, helps with the jitters and anxiety post drinking
- L-Glutamine – helps excite the nervous system, get out of depression or lethargy after you have had glutamine rebound (videos explain alcohol suppresses this stimulant hence why it acts like a depressant, then the body overcompensates by boosting it temporarily). After the anxiety of the rebound you will want to rebalance glutamine in the body. Glutamine is in my protein powder, so I find this really helps with recovery.
- L-Theanine – for anxiety and to protect from alcohol’s free radicals. Take during and after drinking.
- Probiotics – to heal the gut, as the videos explain, take the longest to recover from alcohol’s effects (whole food method – dark leafy greens, pickles, sauerkraut, yogurt and kimchi to name a few). There are also supplements.
- Watch out for your triggers – if restaurants are the main cause of your over drinking, you may want to choose counter serve without alcohol for a while. Don’t sit at bars if you can’t order a soda. Find other meetup groups to socialize with. Don’t keep alcohol in the house. Review your friends and how they trigger you or don’t trigger you. Yes, that may mean you may need a shift in focus in your friend groups.
In short, alcohol throws your nervous system and biochemistry out of balance. This can create all kinds of issues, including gastrointestinal, mental, cardiac, and on the central nervous system. Not to mention the increased chance of heart attack, stroke, weight gain and cancers.
Lastly, I’d recommend meditating when you can, using grounders such as black tourmaline, or a full chakra set, to help calm you and get spiritual assistance with your journey.
Best of luck!
*These statements have not been reviewed by a physician or medical personnel. Please review with your primary care physician any changes in diet and if you need additional help with alcohol abuse. This article is not meant to diagnose any issue.