- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 0.5 tsp nutmeg
- 0.5 tsp cloves
- 1/3 cup butter or ghee, softened
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Truvia or sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until combined.
- Place a wax paper sheet at the bottom of a loaf pan. This recipe makes one loaf and can be doubled to make two loaves.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cook for 65-75 minutes, or until a toothpick comes put of the middle clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes and serve.
Notes: This is a healthier version compared to one that used white enriched flour and 1 cup of sugar. You may substitute but I find this version is the right kind of sweet and healthier too. The white flour may also produce a taller loaf.