- 2 tablespoons butter or Benecol (heart healthy)
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 boiled boneless, skinless chicken breast, shredded
- 2 pork loins, cut into small cubes
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 5 poblano peppers
- 2 cups chicken bone broth
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup colby jack cheese, shredded
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup salsa
- Roast poblano peppers over a gas stove or grill until all sides are charred, 2 -3 minutes. Place blackened peppers into a bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Allow peppers to steam as they cool, about 30 minutes. Remove and discard skins, keep the peppers. Remove seeds if you’d like less spicy (recommended).
- Combine chicken broth, cream cheese, cheddar and colby jack cheeses, and salsa in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Cook chicken and pork either in the oven or in a skillet. Cut and shred.
- Peel the cooled poblano peppers. Add peppers to the blender and blend with the soup.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and cumin. Cook and stir until slightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Add broth and heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Add cooked chicken and pork and heat for 10 minutes more.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Interested in a love or future reading? Check out my phone and text readings in the menu above.
You must log in to post a comment.