- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoons vegetable oil or lard (preferred)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3/4 cups water
- Combine all dry ingredients. Add the lard or oil until it becomes like cornmeal. Add water to the mixture.
- Flour a surface and kneed the dough for 5 minutes. Divide the dough into 12 pieces and roll into balls. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet on medium high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil to the pan. Roll out each ball on a floured surface into a tortilla shape using a floured or non-stick rolling pin. Cook each tortilla until cooked on each side. Dry the tortillas with paper towels so not too oily and stack under a paper towel to keep warm.