For those of you that don’t want to have pumpkin pie only once a year here is a lighter version just for you! Pumpkin is pretty low glycemic and filling with healthy fiber.
- 5-6 inch pie plate (small)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 oz of evaporated milk
- 2 tbsp Truvia sweet complete
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- Sprinkle nutmeg
- Sprinkle cloves
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- Walnuts (optional)
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Put almond flour at the base of your pie plate, covering the bottom. Without butter it won’t stick to the sides but adds a nice taste at the bottom.
- In a separate bowl mix all the above ingredients until thoroughly mixed with a whisk. About a minute of whisking.
- Pour pie mix into bowl with almond flour in it.
- Place pie in oven for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake for an additional 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean
- Serve with whipped cream of choice, plain or with nuts as shown in picture. Enjoy!