- 1 pound ground pork or pork loin ground
- 1 cup finely chopped raw shrimp
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup grated carrots
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon MSG or Salt
- 1 package spring roll wrappers
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 quart vegetable, corn or peanut oil for frying
- Mix the ground pork, shrimp, onion, carrots, green onions, soy sauce, salt, pepper, and MSG or salt in a bowl until well combined.
- Cover any remaining wrappers not being used with a damp cloth. Take on wrapper, keeping a thin line, about an inch, across one side of the wrapper, 1/2 inch from the edge of the wrapper. Roll the wrapper tightly around the filling, and seal the edges with egg white. Repeat making rolls with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- Heat the oil in a heavy pan or deep fryer to 375 degrees F. Deep-fry 3 or 4 at a time, turning once, until the rolls float and turn golden brown, about 3 minutes. Serve hot.