These taste like the real thing and are great with almond milk! Flax seed replaces egg, reducing fat and cholesterol. Margarine is used to reduce fat. Truvia is used to reduce sugar. Still tastes like a sugar cookie!
- 1 1/3 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1/4 + 1/8 cup truvia
- 1/2 tablespoon flax seed and 1.5 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup country crock margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven 375 degrees F
2. Mix the flax seed and water in mixing bowl. Set to the side and let mix for 5 mins. This acts as an egg replacement.
3. After the flax seed has settled and developed in 5 mins, add sugar and butter. Mix until creamed.
4. Add vanilla to bowl. Mix. Add baking soda and powder. Mix.
5. Add flour 1/2 cup at a time. Mix until it is a dough and sticky.
6. Roll into 1 inch balls and flatten on a cookie sheet. I find the dough is buttery enough to not need a silpat but you can use one. Heat for 16-18 mins, keeping an eye in it. When it starts to brown in spots on the top it is ready. Cool on a rack so it doesn’t brown too much on the bottom. Serve warm with milk of choice. Enjoy!