- 1 cup vegetable oil or light tasting olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup flaked coconut (optional)
- 2 cups King’s whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1 ¾ cups white sugar or Truvia
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9×9 or 9×13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, wheat germ and salt. Make a well in the center and add sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Mix well, then stir in shredded carrots, chopped nuts, and coconut.
- Add batter into greased pan. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes. Cake should spring back in the middle when lighted touched.