I’m sure by now you’ve read in many metaphysical articles to love yourself. It is a common theme and life lesson for many to learn to love yourself and certainly one you’ll learn if you run into a twin flame or soul mate relationship. So how does one do this? For many it is far easier to unconditionally love someone else rather than yourself. First step is recognizing the reasons why you do not, and then asking for it to be pulled and healed.
Common reasons why you may not (may include more, unique to your situation):
- Your perception that your parents didn’t love you (for most of us they did, but as we grow older we realize they were under stress/busy/didn’t realize how they were being perceived)
- Appearance/attractiveness issues – unrealistic expectations by society
- Rejection by someone in the past, friendship, relationship, crush or family
- Anger, negative thoughts we have had that we are ashamed of
- Not achieving something (keeping up with the joneses, career, weight, etc)
- Some sort of “sin” or breaking the rules
How to heal it:
Get in a relaxed place, ask God to send you Archangel Raphael and an ascended master such as Jesus, Mary, Buddha or someone else on that level you are comfortable with. You can just go with God as well if you prefer.
List out in your head or on paper why you think you don’t love or approve of yourself. You may hear something in your mind about how you don’t deserve it or are not worthy. After you list it out, ask God/Raphael/Jesus to pull these beliefs and fears and heal them in both past lives and current life (you can do this in your head and end with “it is done, it is done, it is done” followed by “and so it is”. This establishes intention). I like to do this while I am lying in bed before I go to sleep, which is very relaxing and I go to sleep easily afterwards.
Why do we need to love ourselves? Well, a lot of what holds us back from being happy is we don’t think we are worthy or deserve, so we don’t go after what we want, or we don’t protect ourselves from others. I found growing up I would be overly protective of others but when it came to protecting myself I wouldn’t put in much, if any, effort. Many people are like this, you are not alone. This is the easiest way I have found to get through this with very little training or effort. Good luck!
If you’d like more advice or healing visit me on my website and schedule an appointment with me.
Copyright Feathers. 2016. All Rights Reserved.